I think I’m growing quite the collection on neutral/nude/everyday lip colors. Keep in mind, I never wore or bought any lip products until maybe a year and a half ago. I’m not one to wear any bold colors; if I buy a bold lip product, I wear it very sheer so it’s a tint of color. ANYWAYS, back to the neutrals.. what sparked this post was finally giving in to the ever so popular L’Oreal colour riche lipstick in “Fairest Nude”. I just bought it recently & realized how many neutral/everyday lip products I owned. Hence, this post!
Let’s dive right in. I have 9 products to show you & I’m splitting them up into “pigmented shades” and “sheer shades”. I’ll start off with the sheer shades because there are 4 (vs. 5 for the pigmented)
1. L’Oreal Colour Caresse Wet Shine Stain in LILAC EVER AFTER: light pink, glossy, doesn’t show up every well on naturally pigmented lips (like mine!). It’s a nice sheer pink that would be great for everyday, and the gloss stays on for a while (unless you eat).
2. Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in CREME BRULEE: sheer brown with a moisturizing, glossy finish. One of my favorites. I don’t wear it by itself, I layer it on top of other colors to tone it down a little. I love it! This is the only lip color that I’ve bought a back up of since I’m almost out of my first one! I find it very moisturizing and the perfect topper to any lip color.
3. Maybelline Color Whisper in MOCHA MUSE: sheer pinky nude. I haven’t worn it too much to really have an opinion on how I’d wear it, alone or layered. It’s pretty moisturizing, but I find that once it wears off, it leaves my lips feeling dry & chapped.
4. Maybelline Baby Lips in PEACH KISS: very sheer brown nude. It’s so sheer that it’s pretty much a shiny lip balm. However, I don’t like the baby lips; I don’t find them moisturizing at all. They disappear on my lips after 5 minutes, so I would have to keep reapplying. I finished the baby lips in “Quenched”, not because I loved it so much, but because I had to keep reapplying!
1. L’Oreal Colour Riche in FAIREST NUDE: I see why so many people love this. It’s such a great nude color! It’s more of a pinky nude that won’t wash your lips out and make you look dead. The only thing I hate… THE SMELL. It smells like plastic, old lady make up. But the color makes up for it! Maybe if you had a gloss on top, it’ll cover up the scent.
2. Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Moss in #08: mauve-y nude. This works well for my pigmented lips, so it looks pretty natural. I hate saying this but it’s a “my lips but better” type of color. Barf. But it is! I wear whenever I go on job interviews because it isn’t bold, but it provides enough color. Also, I love the Rimmel lasting finish line! Very creamy and easy to apply AND it smells way better than the L’Oreal colour riche lipsticks! Also looks very natural in pictures!
3. Wet n Wild Mega Last in 902C BARE IT ALL: darker brown matte nude. Super affordable. I’m sure it looks great on it own depending on your skin tone (it’ll either look great or make you look dead/sick), but I use it to layer on top of other colors to tone it down. It can be drying since it’s a matte formula, so make sure you moisturize your lips beforehand!
4. Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Moss (matte) in #104: darker mauve. This isn’t a nude, but it IS an everyday lip color, depending on the pigmentation of your lips & your skin tone. For me, it’s a little too mauve, but if I layer it with the Revlon lip butter in Creme Brulee or Wet n Wild 902C, then it’s perfect. It’s very similar to the Rimmel Kate Moss #08 (mentioned above), but it’s darker and more mauve. #08 still is considered a nude-ish, in my opinion, while #104 definitely isn’t. Great scent too. Smells like some type of candy. And, although it’s matte, it’s not drying on the lips.
5. Sonia Kashuk Velvety Matte Lip Crayon in NUDEY NUDE: soft brown nude with a mauve undertone. I love this thing! This was my very first lip product & it’s amazing. It’s glides on very smoothly & totally matches my lip color, so it just evens everything out. The only thing I don’t like about this is the pain of sharpening this thing! That’s why in the picture it looks messed up.. Sorry about that! I just find it very hard to sharpen!
Anyways, I hope that was (a little?) informative for you. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask below! Have a great day 🙂
Check out other posts I’ve done!:
FIRST IMPRESSION: Maybelline Color Whispers & L’Oreal Wet Shine Stains
REVIEW: Sinful Colors Nail Polish Part 1
REVIEW: Sinful Colors Nail Polish Part 2
REVIEW: Revlon Nail Polish